Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ben's Post - Vacation Days

The last three days we didn't have school hence, no blog. Fortunately, we have school today with full 60 minute classes. On Monday, we all went to Naha to the huge shopping district and before that, some of us went bowling. We pretty much spent all day there and experienced the thrill of buying all of your presents. Tuesday, we had a BBQ party at the beach with all the host students and all the senpai that came to Iowa last year. We weren't allowed to swim because it was a school event but after the principal and vice principal left, we swam anyway - lol. Yesterday, Wednesday, everyone went to the aquarium which contains the largest observing tank in the world and the only tank in the world that has whale sharks. It was awesome. Also on Wednesday, I visited my family in Nakijinson. My Grandma, who is 106, is doing very well and talks about my dad 'Jimmy-boy' a lot. I also visited my 3rd cousin who is 93 and lives in a giant house on top of a huge hill all by himself. It was very cool seeing all of them. I think everyone had a great time in Okinawa. Today is our last day and we are going to hold a party for all the hosts.










This is Ichi-nen Ni-kumi's farewell party. Brianna, Lauren and Tara seemed to really enjoy this homeroom.










Well, Brianna and Haruna enjoyed most of the class...

















When it was cleaning time after school today... Colton was the only one I could find who was helping out! Way to go Colton!














Sarah's classmates were chasing her down to get photos of her!

1 comment:

Dawn (Lucy's mom) said...

Ben, WOW! I can't imagine how cool it must have been to visit your FAMILY!!!!! Did you take pictures?