Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What happened to Monday?

Since I only have video of Monday and I still need to work with it to put it online, I'm going to start with today, Tuesday. It was an exciting day for the Koyo students! They started first with visiting the Washington High School Student Senate. We enjoyed bagels, juice and great conversation. Okinawan students taught the student body representatives about a new culture and helped further international understanding. Here are some photos:





Yoshiya Sensei shows Lemi, a native of Ethiopia, some magical gadget from Japan.
















Sakiko LOVES bagels!!













A truly international experience. Piluka, an exchange student from Spain, is part of the Student Senate welcome party.











Kae leads a conversation about her native island. She goes to school so far away from home!











Mizuki helps Sarah and others understand more about the Japanese school system.










Another very exciting event of the day was ice skating at the CR Skating Arena. Thanks to Jan Keene for the photos and a ton of thanks to both Jan and Dawn Stephens for driving today.




Ice Skating!! I think they are like me... afraid to leave the security of the wall!












Working together, you can stay up longer.










We're getting better!











Yeah!!!












I think we may see this maneuver at the next Olympic pair skating competition!










Watch out world! Here we come!










Well, maybe. I think you're supposed to be upright to skate.


Tonight's meal cooked by the Japanese students for the host students is likely to be very eventful. Feel free to share photos with me, I will put them up here!

No comments: