Wednesday, June 18, 2008

In Okinawa

Leg 1: Cedar Rapids to Chicago - 1 hour
Leg 2: Chigago to Tokyo - 13 hours
Leg 3: Tokyo to Okinawa 3 hours

We arrived in Okinawa to the smiling faces that have become familiar over the last 2 years. My former hosts showed up to greet us along with our hosts this year. After just 10 hours with our hosts, we came to school already today. Here, we discovered that our performance for the school is this afternoon!! With such short notice, the students prepared a `dance` that they performed. Here is a video of it:



I am so proud of them, they threw that together in just 4 hours!! Way to go WHS kids!!

Starting tomorrow, I will hopefully have the students start writing the blogs. I think you will find them interesting.

More tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Julie -
The video doesn't show up in your post. I want to see Jake dance!

Barb Trujillo